Update.

It’s been a frenzied month. The weather is really deplorable now, ranging between ravaging rains and biting coldness. Thankfully with Rex on livery on Danville, I don’t need to sludge around in the sogginess anymore to muck out so I am grateful for small mercies.

College has really kicked off, with far too many unnecessary assignments for most class modules all of which seem to be the most boring subject on the planet until I get to the next mind-numbing one, I suppose it’s just the opposition to doing as I’m told. The lectures themselves are really absorbing and I do think it’ll be really useful with teaching, it’s giving me a new insight into setting up a class and formats and components of each session. The most difficult thing has been sitting still all day on the theory days, in the first month of the course I must have consumed the equivalent to twelve coffee shops, I already had the reputation for being the noisy, questioning one and after the the mega amounts of coffee,my buzz kicked it up about ten fold, when the tremors set in I knew it was time for some caffeine free herbal teas. You’d imagine someone doing a module in nutrition would know better. I have settled down a little and I try not to voice every “concern” that comes into my head, when I do, I use the, I’m class head and just doing my duty card. The tutors all have that glum look of fear when they see my hand going up. Apart from potential mine field theory sessions I have passed all my practical examinations. I can now put together a circuit training class while doing aerobics to music and carrying around some excessively heavy dumbbells. All with a smile on my face an a rather sickening level of motivation and lets not forget the blindingly bright sport gear I’ll be wearing while doing it all.

In the mean time Rex is swanning about the paddock with his new best mate and girlfriend, a minute white aged pony called snowy. Snowy is absolutely the leader of his herd although she’s only quarter of his size, his shows of bravado around the field with bucks, twists and caprioles are met with a steely disapproving look and he promptly steps quietly back into line. On the riding front, we did represent the young horses at he South East Regional Annual Dressage Demonstration. There were a few moments to give me thoughts of panic, first on meeting the abundance of spectators all intent on pointing and waving at the incredibly lofty horse, second when the lights in the indoor arena went out, leaving us in total and terrifying blackness. Really I shouldn’t have worried, Rex was a true gem and stood stock still until the lights were switched back on. There’s a lull in competition which is just as well with the deluge of rain but after Christmas we return to the show ring with a small training show series that I’m helping to organize and run. Four Sundays over January with dressage and combined training. I’m off now to book a judge and find some more wet weather gear. Watch this space.

Comments

Popular Posts