Cornfields flashing by, all gold and yellow, the colour of ripeness and Autumn harvest. Watching the countryside slip past my window on the way to Dublin reminds me it's that time of year again. Back to school, when mothers dutifully drag their charges around town, eager youngsters excitedly buying new grown up school gear. Sullen teenagers rolling their eyes at new uniforms, last years already grown out of. We're one Summer older and supposedly one Summer wiser. Don Rosario (Rex) has certainly moved into his new uniform this year. He's a whole year stronger and he's starting to realise it too, last weekends show was superb. He felt so incredible, it almost brought tears to my eyes. This time around he was still full of beans in the warm up despite the heat and the second test was just seamless, certainly not flawless but moments of pure harmony and lightness. He has been his usual mannerly self at home but you can feel the stick of dynamite in him when this new Autumn wind gets up under his tail.
Luckily I have been working hard this past year too with the help of my sponsors, Ormonde Leisure Club and GT Fitness. as well as qualifying as a gym instructor I also have managed to pack on a few pounds moving from 10 stone for you Irish folk and 65 Kg's for you Americans to 13 plus stone (7 Kg's) and no longer look like a poverty stricken immigrant (Much to my mothers delight) I knew I must be making progress when all my clients stopped offering to feed me up! For my back to school, I've applied to college again and secured a place on the Nationals Council for Exercise and Fitness Personal Training course so hopefully by Christmas I'll be a fully certified personal trainer.

Comments

Popular Posts