Apocalypse!

Rex at Nationals
I think the Apocalypse has struck, there's people running everywhere, traffic jams, screaming babies, "well" not screaming babies. It's the beginning of winter. It's absolutely bucketing down here in Kilkenny. Bloody torrential rain washing down making it absolutely impossible to even take a peek at a horse without being soaked to the skin. But you'd imagine that here in Ireland we'd be able to deal with some rain but not so, people seem top believe that they are made of sugar and might melt at any moment if they behave like grown up adults while outside. Why is it that every Irish woman clutching an umbrella seems to be level with the side of the head, I've had more pokes in the temple than I care to mention.
On the way to Picasso yesterday, I stopped to pick up a bedraggled hitchhiker and I know it's totally dangerous but she looked smaller than me and it was pelting rain, I've been in that situation too many times to pass her. She was completely washed out but had a huge smile on her face and proceeded to tell me how moving to Ireland was a dream come true for her, she believes that the all the rain we have in fact helps to cleanse us and helps us Irish folk maintain our "fresh" outlook. I have my doubts!
At Home in Raheen on a break.
Picasso
But I have to say Picasso was particularly wonderful this week, with Rex on a mini holiday to recover after National Championships back at Raheen Na Gun Stud, I had a bit more time to devote Picasso. His show season kicks off next month with some unaffiliated shows and maybe some young horse classes with Dressage Ireland, all going to plan. Woodend Flicka joined us in the arena today for a training session with visiting German rider Lisa (It's awful, I can't spell her last name!), it also gave us an opportunity to introduce Picasso to other horses in the warm up. He did look a lot but didn't deviate from his work at all which was great. His canter is just so divine to sit to and his trot work is really coming along, much more push and looseness.
I have to wish good luck to everyone in tomorrows final one day event in the Association of Irish Riding Clubs, Hoofprints Horse Trials League. Lets hope the rain clears up in time for that cross country ride!

Comments

Popular Posts