Musings And The “Art” Of Dressage.

I don’t often get to luxuriate in something creative these days between running from horse to horse or to and from the gym but last week I received the most astonishing email. The well known Irish artist Roddy Moynihan sent me an email about possibly being the muse and stimulus for his next piece of work. He spotted pictures of me and my horses and thoughts of French nobility or equestrian statues jumped to his mind, now I can’t say I judge myself to be particularly noble or French looking but who am I to stand in the way of a man and his creation, especially if it makes me look like a piece of art.

Working in mostly acrylics and oils, his paintings remind me of something Celtic or bronze age, buckets of life and fluidity. He will be coming down to watch me ride this week and photograph some of the horses, working later from the chosen photograph. I think it’s going to be a great collaboration, although that implies I’ll be doing more than ponce around he arena trying to look inspiring!

Comments

Popular Posts