Express Eventing

Potentially, I’ve always been a little bit addled, but it seems to be more so these days. With budgeting in force for the last few months I’ve had to curtail the frequent coffee shop runs in favour of coffee at home, which is certainly not as glamorous but then, horror of all horrors. I ran out of coffee. Fours days later and about four thousand cups of tea later, I’m nervously twitching as I sit here in the apartment wondering where my next caffeine fix is coming from. Now normally when the cupboards are bare of my magic cup of energy, I make a pit stop at reception in The Ormonde Gym and persuade them that an espresso is essential for a decent workout.

These days however I’ve been riding out the horses at seven in the morning with my friend Sarah. So gym time is now late in the evening and even I can’t justify a double espresso at ten at night (as much as I’d like to) Sarah is the driving power behind Express Eventing, the new competition at Raheen Na Gun Stud. It’s a new format of competition for young horses that allows them to tackle all three phases of eventing in a more simple training style format. Yours truly will be judging the dressage, which will be good news for some and less than for others!


Comments

Popular Posts