"Back" In Action

I do like to telling every passerby that I’m practically Atlas with the weight of this pear shaped world on my broadening shoulders, in reality I might be exaggerating but I think everyone will agree I’m doing my fair share, with hitting the iron in the gym every morning, training the horses and running around trying to keep horsey and fitness clients happy, there might not be an entire planet on my shoulders but there’s a definite chip.

Luckily my horse has come to the rescue again or indeed Lesley Dempsey, his neuromuscular massage therapist has come to the rescue. Lesley has been working with my larger competition horse for well over a year now to great success. I always ask her to be frank, honest and open in her diagnosis and this time she surely took me at my word. She posed the question, was it possible that if my horse was so tight and knotty across the back that I possibly was too? Was it possible that my tight and knotty back was making him even tighter and knotter?

My Knotty Back


His Knotty Back

Also a spanking new saddle from the good people at Albion has helped us both hugely allowing him much more expression in his movement and me a much easier time finding my correct position and allowing me to engage my core muscles properly.

Full of Oomph at Marlton Dressage Festival

Comments

Popular Posts