Courses for Horses


There’s a Charles come in to my life. Not royalty but someone just as regal!
On one of my horse shopping trips across the pond to the U.k. I was introduced to a beautiful hunting cob called Charles, who’s found a home here on the Isle of Man with a dear friend of mine and is becoming an integral part of my own string of competition horses.

I put aside my dressage duds for a moment and donned my showing gear. It’s been so long since I wore tweed and a bowler I’ve had to scrub them off and make sure they still fit.
Apart from the cruddy clothing, Charles couldn’t have been more of a gentleman at his first show, with placings and wins in the cob class and the coloured class in tremendously good company. I was immensely pleased for him and his owner.


Our plan was to give him a sedate outing and just let him have a look about but he was having none of it. He showed like an old hand catching the judges eye often enough for him to have a chinwag about how much potential he has.

Now the evenings have drawn dark and early tweeds are hung up again and it's time to see how he turns his hand to some dressage.


Comments

Popular Posts