Thinking Over Over Thinking


Autumn has slipped through the door and taken a seat at the table. Unnoticed and quiet. The summer has sped past without marker or sign until the evenings threw their cloak over and the trees begin to shake off their petticoats. Cold nights now herald wooly coats for horses and warm blankets, a sure sign winter has set forth and it’s time to pull out the wooly socks. Shows slow down here to a crawl over the winter which gives me an opportunity to take stock. That’s the habit at least.


 I’ve been told that it’s a Celtic thing to do this, sit and mull and muse. I often liken myself to some unknown poet wandering around the countryside arguing to the wind. I most definitely have the inclination to over think and get stuck in thought.

I think the time has come to step out of dreams and thoughts and step up to action. I’ve done my time I believe, preparing and sorting through and getting myself “primed” Now it’s time to let go of thought and allow all that work to have it’s effect. Rex has been preparing me for such a long time and he’s ready to stride into the limelight.

We’ve done a few shows lately and the scores and comments seem to confirm this. He’s much more   comfortable in the show ring than I am. I’ve never thought of myself as a nervous show rider but something is happening between the warm up and the main arena.    
                                   Whatever it is, It’s time to stop thinking and start doing.

Comments

Popular Posts