Challenging Chloe.

You can never take the Irish out of the Irish boy, there's never any escape. I figured out a long time ago in my efforts to become cosmopolitan that being Irish is so much part of me, it makes the greater part. Looking back, being sent by by my agent for auditions for Guinness commercials should have made it clear. 


Well here on this little island not so far from home but what often feels like a era away I met this determined young lady who was full of spit and vinegar, so much opinion for a young person which in actuality is a real pleasure to teach. Chloe pushes my thinking when it comes to teaching and training, (the Irish connection you're wondering about?) not Chloe but her horse Flipper, he's from my home town in Kilkenny. I don't always smile when someone says they have an Irish horse but this guy is a superstar to work with. With a little bit of coaxing and some real straight talking Chloe and I found our way to work together she she's truly doing a superb job with him. Each session he is more established and Chloe is more mindful and detailed in the work. 

We get so busy with the work that it was only when I looked up to see she had won the Isle of Man Pony Club Best Dressage award and the Jeans Burns Achievement award that I noticed what an effect shes had on her horse. So for now she can enjoy the rewards of her Irish horse and I'll pretend to have some inherited Irish wisdom.



We're looking forward to the coming competition season. 

Comments

Popular Posts